The Royal Enfield factory has reported a 65% increase in total sales for September 2014, at 28,020 units.
Sales for September 2013 totalled 17,006 units.
Win a Yamaha Majesty S worth £3299!
With its ideal balance of practicality, performance and economy, the stylish new Majesty S scooter is the smart way to save time and money on your daily commute.
Available with 3 years finance, it's the easy and affordable way to get around.
All you need to do is fill in a competition entry form available at your local authorised Yamaha dealer - it's that simple! Just answer one easy question.
Entries close Monday 17th November 2014, result will be announced Friday 21st November 2014.
In 2013, electric bikes outsold 50cc mopeds by three to one, and 33,000 were imported into the UK.
Legally, e-bikes are classed as bicycles if they cannot exceed 15.5 mph under their own steam, weigh less than 40 kg, and have a motor producing no more than 250 watts.
They must have pedals, and the rider must be 14 years or over.
Qualifying electric bikes are classed as a "bicycles", which means that the rider doesn't need to have a bike licence, insurance, wear a helmet or pay road tax; and the machine does not have to be DVSA registered.
All models in the Batribike range supplied by Haywards of Cambridge comply with current legislation and are classed as bicycles.
View the Batribike range (manufacturer's site - opens in a new window)
From October 1st 2014, vehicles will no longer need to display a tax disc. From this date, paper tax discs will be replaced by electronic records.
ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) cameras will be used to check number plates and identify owners who have not paid their road tax.
1. The DVLA will continue to issue reminders by post just before a vehicle needs re-taxing.
2. You can still tax your vehicle at a local post office.
3. The DVLA are introducing a new website where you will be able to tax a new vehicle, as well as re-tax your current vehicle. (Currently https://www.gov.uk/tax-disc).
4. An additional website has been launched to enable members of the public check any vehicle's state of tax and MOT renewal date, see www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk
5. Also from October, you will also be able to pay for your road fund licence by Direct Debit, saving the need to remember renewal dates.
6. Please be aware that any vehicle you sell, or trade-in to a dealer, will have its current tax deleted automatically by the DVLA, and the amount of unused tax will be refunded to the last registered keeper.
7. As a result of the tax disc being automatically cancelled, it will no longer be possible to buy a vehicle with any unexpired tax remaining.
Any questions, call Stan (bikes) on 01223 276128, or Steve (cars) on 01223 277949, or visit the official government website at www.gov.uk/dvla/nomoretaxdisc.
Yamaha have extended their low rate finance offer until further notice.
Further details, including on-line repayment calulators are available on the Yamaha website - click here to view.
Representative Example: YAMAHA YBR 125cc
Cash Price: £2,671.00
Total Amount of Credit: £2,342.88
Agreement Duration: 36 Months
36 Monthly Repayments of: £70.00
Total Amount Payable: £2,848.12
Interest Rate (fixed): 4.79% | Representative APR4.9% APR
HMC Classic 125cc motorcycles are now back in stock.
Café Racer 250cc models have also arrived, available in black/white and Cambridge blue. Price £2688 on the road.
The Greeves Riders Association and The British Two Stroke Club now meet every third Thursday of the month at The Lord Byron Inn, 22 Church Lane, Trumpington, CB2 9L from 7.30 pm onwards.
Non members and other makes welcome.
Click 'n Collect latest: